Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Karl G Maeser

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls - walls of stone, ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground - there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.”- Karl G Maeser
It means to keep a promise and never break that promise because that shows the lack of honor and trustworthiness. This will make you become an untrusted person in society. I had that issue many times with my parents, I lied, gave them my word of honor and lied in their faces more than 6 times at least. Now I’m giving it my all at school and now are trusting me and rewarding me with new soccer cleats and more freedom. I WILL keep the word of honor to show that I’m trustworthy. I feel like if like got a bit more easier because I’ve been doing my chores even the most complicated ones or the ones that I don’t like, but I have to do it, in their return their trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment