Thursday, May 4, 2017

Pam Knox

download.jpeg“It’s a great moment when someone has character to step up and do the right thing at the right time”-Pam Knox
It means to do right no matter how, when or where you always have to do right because it’s right and you will always feel good about yourself and always feel good that you did the right thing. Like the kid, he was going to win the G.P.A but he didn’t realize that he had more than 14 golf clubs in his bag, so he disqualified himself because he plays fair, knows what’s right and follows the rules. I know I was in his shoes a couple times and believe me it feels great to do whats right, you just feel like doing it more and more until it’s just a habit of doing it. Example, I had my allowance saved under my cabinet and went out to go spend it on new clothes because I almost grew out of all of them, I decided to go to the mall with my parents and siblings. We ate and then we walked through lots of stores. I had 200$ saved from working hard at work and from the extra change my dad lets me keep for school, i found a young adult, without an arm and a leg, he was mute and deaf he always had a little piece of cardboard and wrote “I have no money, I don’t have a home and don’t have nothing to eat.” i had only spent 130$, so i decided to buy him a good meal and give him the rest of the money that I was going to spend on myself when I can donate to those that are more needy than I was. He was shedding tears of happiness and enjoyed his meal and gave me a hug. After that act of generosity I felt really good and proud that I just helped a needy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment